Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Las Vegas shows

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Glenn Cole's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2003
    Posts
    784
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wolfpits - you are my right-hand man on this board!

  2. #12
    Inactive Member erikaevexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2005
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes thank you Wolfpits, that's pretty much what I was trying to get across. Think about people, say in Australia who are dying to see the band, and would be happy if they played Mommy's Little Monster 12 times in a row. I just get tired of people complaining about petty things. When I get to see some of my favorite bands, I'm just stoked to get the opportunity to see them live. They don't always, if ever, play the songs I would choose for them to play, but who cares, if it weren't for the music, I wouldn't be there in the first place. If I only wanted to hear one song, I'd put my ipod on repeat for the rest of my life. The way they frame their set list is their choice, and the way it's rehearsed. Timing and flow has a great deal to do with the way a show goes. So much of how a crowd responds to a show a direct result of this planning. I was at 2 of the Vegas shows, and I didn't see a single person walk out because they played ROF the second time. In fact, as ALWAYS happens, the crown went berzerk as soon as it started. The pit is always at it's peak when that song plays, even if was played acoustically at the beginning of the show. If you want SD to play the songs you want in the order you want with the banter you want, write out a set list, write Mike a script and pay them their fee to do your show so we don't have to hear you bitch about what they did or didn't play and what he said. I'd like to see some of you come up with something different to say 250 nights a year.

    And yes I am a stalker ... I know what Brent brushes his teeth with, what he wears to bed at night, who cuts his hair and how often, how many guitars he has and how often he plays them, his favorite color, bands and food ... lucky for me, I was stalking him long before he ever joined SD. Even luckier for me, he's my stalker too!

  3. #13
    Kematter
    Guest Kematter's Avatar

    Wink

    I think some people just like to stir up things & start a fight.

    As my frined Johnny from Reno Divorce told me a long time ago about people on the board who got me riled up. "You have to out cool them."

    Thanks for standing up for SD, Erika. '79 thru '07 ->like many of us, I think Mike & the band know what they are doing.

    What the hell does anyone from Hawaii know anyway......

  4. #14
    Inactive Member jen415's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2005
    Posts
    641
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think we have effectively scared off that first time poster.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member socal_cowboy1974's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2007
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    "What the hell does anyone from Hawaii know anyway......"

    YEAH! Hawaii sucks!!! those basterds with the killer surf, perfect weather.....oh, wait a minuet???

    j/k

  6. #16
    Inactive Member golden*****'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    With all the different songs on the current set list that haven't been played in years, it's ridiculous to complain about them not playing " winners & vulcnshmrs ". Yeah I don't need to hear "ring of fire" twice, but I have tix for one of the San Fran shows and I'm pretty excited about the other songs that I haven't heard since the tour for the original albums they were on.

  7. #17
    Kematter
    Guest Kematter's Avatar

    The Hawaii comment was a joke. Welcome to the board.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member HotRodder82's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 29th, 2006
    Posts
    354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i've always said that "a bad day of surfing, is still a day of surfing." and that applies to social d as well. erika, any chance you can have them play "Ballad of a Lonely Man" tomorrow night? i was thinking about it today--2-3 acoustic songs and then "ballad" done electrically--i think it'd make a great transition (and maybe with Brent using the stand up bass?)

  9. #19
    Inactive Member vulcnshmr's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 1st, 2006
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i think everyone is getting a little too bent out of shape about this post. To ask the band to mix it up a little does not seem to off the wall. Second i did not insult anyone but was called a loser multiple times because i want to see a particular song! SD can play anything they want and for the most part their sets are great although short. If anyone had seen multiple shows on the last tour they know the setlist got old. I am very impressed with the acoustic/electric set and the recent setlist changes but instead of "ring of fire" 5 times in 3 shows, a single "winners and losers" would have been a great change of pace. From someone who has seen SD for 25 years i respect other peoples opinions without insulting them. I encourage interaction between fans not "lets drive him off the Hostboard" Thanks

  10. #20
    Inactive Member raptorschild's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2006
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by vulcnshmr:
    i think everyone is getting a little too bent out of shape about this post. To ask the band to mix it up a little does not seem to off the wall. Second i did not insult anyone but was called a loser multiple times because i want to see a particular song! SD can play anything they want and for the most part their sets are great although short. If anyone had seen multiple shows on the last tour they know the setlist got old. I am very impressed with the acoustic/electric set and the recent setlist changes but instead of "ring of fire" 5 times in 3 shows, a single "winners and losers" would have been a great change of pace. From someone who has seen SD for 25 years i respect other peoples opinions without insulting them. I encourage interaction between fans not "lets drive him off the Hostboard" Thanks
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">AMEN! very good non-defensive post.


    Geek girl. Don't take it personal if someone didnt like the set or just one aspect of it. They paid their ticket, and that gives them the right to come on a message board and complain should they want to. In some way i'm sure Brent gets some dough from this guy supporting the band, and he did come all the way from hawaii, so you could easily thank him for his support instead of busting his chops. Kind of ironic that you are complaining about ONE fan's complaint. Can't you just be happy that the other 1199 people from the concert arent complaining? HEHE just kiddin.

    4 things guaranteed in life...

    1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. SD sets are very short
    4. SD has a TON of great songs. not just 15!

    To me this adds up to TAX EVATION and not playing a johny cash cover twice especially when the bulk of your fanbase has heard the motherfucker 20 times already. Just my opinion.

    PS. HOW MUCH IS THEIR FEE? I'm dying to know.

    <font color="#FFFF00"><font size="1">[ December 12, 2007 08:51 PM: Message edited by: raptorschild ]</font></font>

    <font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ December 12, 2007 08:52 PM: Message edited by: raptorschild ]</font>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •